Physical key maintenance
  • I received my TypeMatrix a few days ago, and am enjoying the experience (if not the process of getting used to the layout). I do have one key, the "N" key, which works but required substantially more force to press than any of the others. The result of which is that I miss over half of my presses on that key when I'm touch typing.

Is there a method for pulling the key off, ensuring it is seated correctly and/or removing any debris, and replacing it? I don't want to just go it without direction for fear of damaging it further and/or voiding my warranty.

Best Regards,
    Carey in Charlotte, NC

• @Anarchist_Quaker: Hello Carey, thanks for contacting us.

We have some general cleaning and disassembly/reassembly instructions on our older "Tips for Users" page found at http://www.typematrix.com/tipsforusers/ . The mechanism that ties the keys to the board is fairly robust, so don't be overly worried. If you need extra parts, like a replacement key or the scissors mechanism or the rubber dome, please email us at support@typematrix.com, referencing this discussion and we'll get them mailed out to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for hanging in there while we get this key issue sorted out.
    -TypeMatrix

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion