Better handling of Spam and bots
  • AzP January 2012

Is there any chance that the forum will be better moderated, and perhaps better anti-spam functionality enabled? Perhaps enable some functionality where "ordinary" users can mark posts as spam, so they get hidden from everybody. I wouldn't mind cleaning up the forum for free, it would take a couple of minutes.

It's unusable now.

• Hello, and thanks for the offer. We've made you a moderator/administrator, but we'll also make an effort to check in daily again. Thanks for helping us through this. We're still working on implementing some better spam controls as well.

• AzP January 2012

Isn't it possible to use Captcha?

Edit: I just read in another thread that you have done this now. I think that's a good idea =)

• We've started using them on the contact form on our website, it's a little more difficult to properly use them in the context of this forum software that we didn't write ourselves, but we're looking into doing the same here.

• OK I think we've got re-captcha properly working for signup now. Let's hope this gets things under control.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion