Better handling of Spam and bots
  • AzP January 2012

Is there any chance that the forum will be better moderated, and perhaps better anti-spam functionality enabled? Perhaps enable some functionality where "ordinary" users can mark posts as spam, so they get hidden from everybody. I wouldn't mind cleaning up the forum for free, it would take a couple of minutes.

It's unusable now.

• Hello, and thanks for the offer. We've made you a moderator/administrator, but we'll also make an effort to check in daily again. Thanks for helping us through this. We're still working on implementing some better spam controls as well.

-TypeMatrix

• AzP January 2012

Isn't it possible to use Captcha? http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captcha

Edit: I just read in another thread that you have done this now. I think that's a good idea =)

• We've started using them on the contact form on our website, it's a little more difficult to properly use them in the context of this forum software that we didn't write ourselves, but we're looking into doing the same here.

-TypeMatrix

• OK I think we've got re-captcha properly working for signup now. Let's hope this gets things under control.

-TypeMatrix

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion