What does the clear skin feel like?
  • rajn September 2012

Hi,

I am considering getting a blank 2030 keyboard with clear Qwerty and Colemak skins. What do the clear skins feel like? If I don't like the skin I won't be able to just go back to a plain blank board.

I've considered getting a Qwerty board with a black Colemak skin, but I really prefer the clear skin look, so this is not an option for me.

• TypeMatrix_admin September 2012

@rajn

The skins are made out of high grade silicone with a treated surface. The feel is very similar to kitchen/household items made out of (or covered in) food grade silicon, although it is a bit more flexible and thinner.

The black and the clear skins feel essentially the same. They are the same thickness, and material.

If you go ahead and give this a try and really don't like what you ended up with, send us an email and we'll try to work something out for you - maybe an exchange - so that you get what you want.

-TypeMatrix

• rajn October 2012

Just an update to let you know my impression of the clear skins. They are quite good. If you've ever used a cash register or point of sale terminal with a clear flexible skin over the buttons, this is basically the same thing. So that is the best way to describe it in my opinion.

• @rajn:

Thanks for the follow-up. =)

-TypeMatrix

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Apply for Membership

In this Discussion